Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7, 2009

Outside my window . . . Wow, Friday was gorgeous! Perfect weather. I think it's supposed to be a little cooler today, but still pretty nice.

I am thinking . . . it would be really awesome if I could go ahead and go back to sleep now. It's about 5 a.m.

I am thankful for . . . great new co-workers. Well, great for the most part! I was worried that work wouldn't be as much fun with all these new people, but everyone seems really cool so far-again, for the most part-there are definite exceptions! Fortunately I make the schedule!

From the kitchen . . . I still haven't done anything with the apples. I have a rotisserie chicken carcass in the freezer, so maybe I'll make some soup today. I love the extra little bit of flavor you get when you make broth with rotisserie chicken.

I am wearing . . . pajamas.

I am going . . . to go back to bed in a few minutes.

I am reading . . . I've been struggling lately to find novels that hold my attention. Any suggestions? I have plenty of non-fiction that I'm working on, but sometimes you just need a good fiction book to snuggle up with.

I am hoping . . . that I can somehow avoid cleaning out the garage today. I can foresee my dad going on one of his little cleaning rampages again today.

I am hearing . . . the wind rustling through the trees.

Around the house . . . I'm still working on decluttering. I need to stop making excuses about why I need to keep every little thing. "I might need it some day" is not a valid excuse when it's been sitting around for several years already and it hasn't been needed. I'm paranoid that as soon as I get rid of something, I'm going to need it. I have a feeling that I'm going to end up being a hoarder. Maybe someday you'll see me on that A&E show!

One of my favorite things . . . sunflower seeds in the shell. I love the saltiness.

A picture . . . Proof that I am capable of camping and fishing, even though I prefer not to. And look at Mark in this picture! He was so little!

No comments: