So remember when I said I wanted to unfriend someone on Facebook because of the non-stop political commentary? Well, this is what greeted me when I logged on to Facebook today . . .
I don't know if I have words for how f*cked up that is. No matter what my personal beliefs on this issue may be, I would never NEVER presume to judge someone who has to make that decision. I would venture to say that women who have to make this choice don't do so lightly, and they certainly don't need your condemnation. I don't understand people who think that shaming another person will make them believe what you believe. And I'm going to go ahead and stop there before I get all riled up and start bringing other issues (religion) into it.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
- I want to delete a Facebook friend because I'm sick of the incessant political commentary?
- I can't fully get behind this new Haiti-fied version of We Are the World because it opens with Justin Bieber? I can get past the rap section, but I can't get past the Bieber.
- I actually liked When in Rome?
- I refuse to believe that male ice skaters are straight? Most male pairs skaters and ice skaters from China, Russia and any Eastern bloc country are an exception, but even then, are still under suspicion.
Monday, February 15, 2010
I finally sucked it up and went to Wyoming in the dead of winter. I've been avoiding it because somehow I got it into my head that Wyoming is just like Alaska. Nevermind that 1.) I've never even been to Alaska and 2.) Wyoming and Alaska aren't exactly neighbors. There was a lot of snow, but definitely not the Day After Tomorrow type snowdrifts I had been imagining. Sunday morning was especially gorgeous-everything was frosted over and very winter wonderlandish. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me, so when you look at these pictures from my cell phone, keep in mind that it was about fifty times more impressive in person.
Monday, February 8, 2010
I was sitting around waiting for a meeting to start tonight when a girl walked in who I knew. I gave her a big smile and was about to talk to her and ask her how her mom is, but the meeting started just then. About twenty minutes later I realized that I don't actually know her; I just saw her on Intervention.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Nothing really blog worthy has been going on. Life is dull, which is probably a good thing. Here are some tidbits:
- Went to see When in Rome, despite the fact that the critics hated it, and I actually enjoyed it. It was cute and had some funny moments.
- My latest viewing obsession is all of those PBS/BBC "House" shows. Frontier House, 1940's House, etc. I've found that I don't like them so much when it's just one family. I like the drama and bickering of Manor House, Regency House Party and Frontier House. I have yet to watch Colonial House, which I hear is pretty good.
- My new favorite tv show is Kell on Earth. Kelly Cutrone is pretty much my idol.
- I'm going to Georgia next month for my cousin's wedding. Should be fun.
- The spring-like weather we've been having lately is making me very happy.
- Veganism is going well. I'm quite enjoying it. I have much more energy and feel less sickly. (TMI, but when you go vegan, your poop doesn't stink.)
- Thoroughly enjoyed Jon Stewart on The O'Reilly Factor. Actually, I enjoy whatever Jon Stewart does. He could just sit at the desk eating a sandwich and I would applaud. I thoroughly concur with, appreciate, and admire his mockery of Glenn Beck (and many others).
- Am missing the little brother . . .