Monday, August 29, 2011

Emergency situation!

It's official-Wyoming has turned me. This will come as a shock to those of you who know me, but I spent the whole day yesterday fishing and . . . wait for it . . . I liked it. I am not the kind of person who likes dirt and bugs. In fact, it's hard for me to fathom that there are people who do; so when a friend of mind invited me to go fishing yesterday, my natural instinct was to say not just no, but f*ck no. Fortunately, my roommate was being a bump on a log and wouldn't get out of bed, so I decided to go fishing. Of course I only planned to stay for an hour or so-that way my nature allergy wouldn't cause too many problems. I also thought my friend and I were going to just sit around the campfire while her husband and kids fished. This was not the case, however. She made me go out on the water with her. Keep in mind that this is a glacial lake and thus the water is only slightly above freezing. At first I just sat there, but then there must have been a breach in the space time continuum or something, because I found myself doing crazy and bizarre things like putting a worm on the hook and grabbing little fishies to pull the hooks out of their mouths. I not only had dirt on me but also worm innards and fish slime. It gives me the shivers just to think about it now. We stayed out on the lake for a few hours, then went back to shore and I planned on leaving. Somehow I ended up going out again for another few hours. What has happened to me? With the recent plethora of natural disasters, I'm wondering if maybe there was an earthquake in the area I was not aware of and it shook things up in my brain. That's the only possible explanation. This is not normal behavior for me. Quick, somebody give me a UA-someone must have slipped me some drugs!!!



P.S. It's possible that I'm going camping and fishing again next weekend. What has happened to me?????

2 comments:

Traci said...

Yup, something must have happened to you. I could see going fishing - I like that too. But putting the worm on the hook,taking a fish off of a hook, and even just holding a fish....that I do not see. Did Kim really write this post? Or is this a phantom poster? ;)

My grandpa took us up Little Grey's River to this little spot called Devil's Dive ? The river was really fast, but we caught some big fish, it was really adventurous, beautiful, dangerous, fun, exciting, etc. Loved it. But I didnt touch a worm or a fish. ;)

saree said...

Thank you so much for sharing.................



Use this keyword for getting more knowledge about sherwani | Kurta Pyjamas | sari | Salwar Kameez | saree | Indiska Kläder click on this hypertext.