Sunday, June 9, 2013

freaking out a little

There may not be a wedding happening anymore because unless something gives, I'm going to a.) lose my mind and be institutionalized, b.) physically assault the next person who irritates me and be in jail or c.) both.  I found out last night that up until the weekend before the wedding, my parents are going to be in town for a grand total of like a week and a half.  This means that I will have to do all of the following pretty much on my own:
  • Find a wedding dress, shoes, etc.  Find someone to do alterations.
  • Find someone to make the wedding cake and pick something out.  
  • Pick out and order invitations.
  • Address and send out said invitations.
  • Find matching fancy outfits for all of the kids.
  • Follow up on everything for the reception.  (Flowers, candy buffet, cake decorations, etc.)
  • Figure out what the heck we're doing for the ceremony.
  • Pack up my entire apartment.  Also, I probably need some boxes for packing. I could be doing the packing little by little every day, but I'm house and dog sitting for my parents instead.
 Then there's registering and getting a marriage license (which has to be done in Utah) with Tyler, who works 7 days a week.  Plus I have to actually move up there (my parents will be gone for that too) and hope that I have a house that is livable.  I have been assured that the house will be done by then, but unfortunately I live in reality and not the land of make-believe.  I also have to train my replacement and finish up with work.  Oh, and then there's planning the whole open house in Idaho, which doesn't even have a date yet.

So yeah, I'm a little irritable right now.  And I realize that I can have friends help me with some of these things, but stuff like picking out a wedding dress and cake and announcements and ceremony/reception plans would be nice to do with my mother.

This is why I wanted to elope and not worry about any of this.  I want to be happy to get married, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

2 comments:

Traci said...

hang in there! we love you and we are here to help! Let the assignments begin!!! delegate! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is supposed to be an exacting time in your life, so enjoy it, and if you are not, then change it up. Do what YOU want. You can't allow yourself to be talked into things especially if no one else is willing to put in the work regardless if they are plain unable to do so.