Wednesday, September 8, 2010

awesome blossom, extra awesome

So my friend wrote a viewpoint for the BYU newspaper and now there's drama. All I have to say is way to go, Cary!

UPDATE: Here is BYU's reasoning for taking down the viewpoint. I'm not sure what they considered "offensive content." Would any opposing viewpoint be considered offensive? Do they not screen letters, viewpoints, etc., for offensiveness before printing them? I find quite a few of the letters to the editor in the Daily Universe to be offensive, but I am also mature enough to realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I just roll my eyes and move on. I would certainly never censor someone else's thoughts. What makes this country great is that we can have differing viewpoints and open topics up for debate without fear of censure or retribution. Or is that just wishful thinking?

No comments: