Monday, February 14, 2011

my downfall

So I got flowers for Valentine's Day today from this guy who seems to be very nice and at least semi-normal. You would think this would be a good thing, right? It's not. I already felt like this guy was clingy, and now I just plain feel smothered. I think my independent nature is going to be the downfall of my love life. I just really don't feel the need to account for what I'm doing all the time. It's not even in a demanding way, just a hey, whatcha up to kind of a way. And I don't need a good morning text every day. And I don't want to talk about hypothetical future plans with someone I barely know. And I don't need to be repeatedly called gorgeous (or, in his spelling-disabled way, geirgous). And I really don't want to snuggle. I am not a snuggly person. It takes a lot for me to even hug someone and when I do, it's usually a one armed, pat on the back kind of a hug. I've just realized that I'm the guy in this situation, and dude is the stage 5 clinger! Hahahaha!!! O.k., now that's kind of funny! I think I'm going to die alone.

1 comment:

Traci said...

K. Can I not find out about all this love life business on your blog? I mean for real. Please email me or chat with me sometime and fill me in on all this stuff. Then I can beat you down via email rather than on your public blog.

Hide yo' kids, Hide yo' wife, Hide yo' kids, Hide yo' wife. They snatchin yo' people up! Home girl.

Yes...that did not relate. But I wrote it. And I'm not erasing it.