Friday, February 25, 2011

Please tell me it gets better.

I broke it off with dude tonight and to say he was pissed is the understatement of the year. I didn't even like the guy and the insults he was hurling my way were completely ridiculous, but it still kinda sucks. I'm tired of being alone, but I also refuse to lower my standards, so I'm kind of at a stalemate here. I'm also pissed off that I feel like something is wrong with me since I'm a couple months away from being 30 and I'm still single. This is not abnormal! The religion I was brought up in has brainwashed me to think (among other things) that there's something wrong with this scenario, but there really isn't! (Yes, I did just state my opinion on the Mormon church in a vague and roundabout way. Sorry if that offends you.) So please . . . tell me it gets better. Tell me that not all guys are jerks and that I will eventually find someone, even though I live in an area where there are more cows than available men. Also, if you could please tell me that I am the better person for not having the last word with this guy, that would really help.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I wish I could tell you that-- but I am in the same boat... All I can say is that I hope that it does- for us both and any other girl out there that feels the same way

Traci said...

Well sounds like Mr. Naw and Haw is out of line...and he is showing is true colors, and they aren't so pretty. Kudos to you for being real and for being the genuine, beautiful person you are.

I hope you will find a good guy. While you probably don't want to hear this: try to see all the wonderful, good things in your life and enjoy your life as it is. "Earth's crammed with heaven"....and so is your life. I sympathize with your desire to find someone to share your life with, just don't forget how full your life is and how much you have. Love ya, darling.

Anonymous said...

You are smart. You are funny. You have ambition. You have great red hair and clever blog posts. Not all guys are jerks, but there are a sizeable number of jerks. Make sure you've thought through the last word, and give it to him.