Friday, August 7, 2009

nastiness

So a week ago I discovered a couple of bug bites on my legs and didn't think much about it until they started getting all red and swollen and full of puss. Sick. I thought they had just gotten infected somehow, so I slapped some Neosporin on them and went on my merry way while occasionally wondering if maybe the bug had laid babies under my skin and they were growing. Well finally this morning I called the nurse at the health center and she told me to come in and have them checked out, which I did, wondering the whole way down there if they would slice my wounds open and spider babies would come pouring out. Fortunately, that was not the case, but unfortunately it turns out that my bug bites have turned into lesions. Nasty, infected lesions caused by MRSA, which is a kind of staph infection. Apparently this infection, which is really contagious, has been spreading on campus. Oh yeah, and it's some kind of superbug that doesn't respond to normal antibiotics. Good thing BYU is warning students about this, huh! Oh that's right, they aren't. But anyway, they gave me a shot of antibiotics, a bunch of antibiotic pills and antibiotic cream. Hopefully this will work. I have to check back with them on Monday. So yeah, that's the story of my nasty, puss-filled, weeping lesions. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I absolutely did take pictures just so I could post them on my blog. They'll be up later today. I know you can't wait.

No comments: