Monday, August 10, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


I know. I'm a little behind the times here, but I just watched this last night for the first time and LOVED it! I've been putting off watching it because excrement, poverty and mutilated children make me uncomfortable. The poopies actually were funny. The poverty was not, but I survived. I had to leave the room for the eyeball scene. If you haven't seen this yet, you really should watch it. And for those of you who have higher standards than myself, my mommy says that it is perfectly acceptable to watch an R-rated movie if it has redeeming social value. And honestly, I was more touched and uplifted from watching this than I was at church yesterday (which probably says more about me than church), so there you go.

P.S. I went to bed singing Jai Ho, woke up still singing it, and have had it in my head all day. Love it!

No comments: