Monday, October 26, 2009

my lady bits

*****If you're a guy and/or don't want to know about my pelvic issues, stop reading now.

Before yesterday, I hadn't had a period since July and since I knew there was no way I could be pregnant, I was a little bit concerned. Not overly concerned though, since I've never been regular and have been on and off birth control since junior high to try to regulate things. Anyway, so I started it yesterday and was as excited as one could be about such a thing, but then early this morning I started to feel pain down there. I assumed it was cramps, but it got worse and was steady instead of intermittent. I've had several ovarian cysts burst before, so I assumed that's what it was and went to the Urgent Care to have it checked out. They did an ultrasound and found a 5 cm. cyst on the left side and fluid on the right side where a cyst may have already burst. Apparently 5 cm. is the borderline between having surgery and waiting to see what happens. Now I have to go in on Wednesday and see a different doctor and figure out what we're going to do. I'm getting really tired of all these female issues! I'll keep you updated . . .

3 comments:

Traci said...

here's to hoping things get better instead of worse!!! hope you feel better!

also - i'm impressed your urgent care had ultrasound. i couldnt find one that had u/s for my gallstones. i looked and looked. only found one and that one didnt accept my insurance. blast.

Kim said...

I went to the student health center and the urgent care is part of the building, so they have access to everything that's there. It's super convenient to have the lab, ultrasound, pharmacy, pretty much everything, right there in the same place.

Ginny said...

Ugh. Sorry chica. I hope it all gets better.