Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Maltese Falcon (AFI #23)

This was not my favorite of the AFI movies. I only made it through the whole thing because I started reading my book like half an hour in. So I guess technically, I only really watched the first half hour and the last fifteen minutes. I just couldn't get in to it. I didn't care at all about the characters or what happened to them. I thought the acting kinda sucked (although Humphrey Bogart was o.k.) and I thought Peter Lorre was distracting. So . . . this wasn't the worst (remember Yankee Doodle Dandy?), but it definitely was not the best.



Side note: Every time I watch a movie in black and white, I spend an inordinate amount of time wondering what the costumes and set really looked like. Did they use specific colors for the way they looked in black and white? Did they use clothes that maybe clashed or looked garish in real life, but look good on screen?

No comments: