Monday, May 17, 2010

song of the day and a nugget of a story



Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) by Shakira. It's the official song of the 2010 World Cup. And, because I think I might actually like this version better (which tends to be the case with most Shakira songs), here's the Spanish version . . .



And since we're on a Shakira kick, here's Gitana. I love this song because when my family lived in Spain I would go around singing about how I was a gitana (a gypsy). I would also try to sell flowers to the tourists in the park because that's what the gypsies did and I really wanted to be one. Sadly, due to my American citizenship (although I wasn't actually born here, a fact which could indeed further my goal) and non-nomadic lifestyle, I fear that dream will never be realized.

No comments: