Monday, February 4, 2008

Thought of the day

"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good and worthwhile things. Believe in the nature within you, the divine nature, that you are in very deed a son or daughter of the living God. There is something of divinity within you, something that stands high and tall and noble. Get above the dirt and the filth of the earth and walk on a higher plane with your heads up, believing in yourselves and in your capacity to act for good in the world and make a difference."

Gordon B. Hinckley
"Stand a Little Taller"

My two cents worth: It is really, really hard sometimes to be above the dirt and filth of the earth and walk on a higher plane. I tend to let things get to me WAY too easily and become bitter, cynical, sarcastic, gossipy, rude, vicious, and basically just not a nice person. This is definitely something I am trying to work on. I want people to be better for having known me, not just think yeah, she was pretty funny, but also kinda mean sometimes. I'm trying really, really hard to watch my sarcasm and not to make jokes so much at the expense of other people. It really just isn't helpful. Actually, negativity in general just is not helpful at all. I'm going to try my hardest to be more positive and uplifting.

No comments: