Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pay it Forward, Blogger-Style

I've seen this on a lot of blogs lately and LOVE the idea, here’s how it works: the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, some homemade goodies from me. What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going (or copy and paste like I did). Then come back, let me know you’re going to play and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your goodies! Please submit in an e-mail or on the comment, your address, if I don’t have it already. Remember that only the first 3 comments will receive a gift from me, so be quick! Have fun!

O.k., so that's what I copied from the blog I got this from. In reality, I love the idea of getting something from someone else, not so much the idea that I have to make something for someone else. Why? Because, to channel Lloyd Dobler, I don't want to scrapbook anything, paint anything or make anything cutesy. I don't want to scrapbook anything involving paint or cutesy-ness; or paint anything that ends up in a scrapbook or cutesy; or make something cutesy involving scrapbooks and paint; or secretly purchase and pass off as my own, anything scrapbooked, painted or cutesy. So . . . if, after learning about my complete lack of excitement/motivation/capability to do anything involving any of the above, you still would like to comment and get something homemade from me, feel free to do so. You will probably get a plate of cookies. (I do make delicious cookies, though!)

3 comments:

Traci said...

OOOOO MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!! I want the free thing from you!!! MEMEMEMEMEME

Betsy said...

Ok, since you copied mine does this still count that I comment on yours? I was hoping you'd cook something!! I miss your cooking!
BTW- you're probably getting cookies from me :)

Marianne said...

Okay, Kim...it's on there! Oh and I thought I'd make a request...since I'm currently on the South Beach Diet and probably will be at pretty much any time of the year could you send me something low-carb, low-cal, low-fat, and low-taste...okay so I think that leaves water!

Seriously, I'll be happy with whatever you send, even if that's just a visit with you (and I mean that even though it sounds super cheesy!)!