Thursday, August 9, 2012

goings on

The day before I left for Paris I signed a lease on a new apartment, so the time since I got back has been spent moving.  Always so much fun!  This is the fourth time I've moved now in the last two years and I always say I will get rid of lots of books, but I still somehow end up with about 50 heavy book boxes.  I just need to get rid of stuff in general.  Oh well, hopefully I will be in this place for a while and I won't have to worry about moving any time soon.  Here are my thoughts on being in my own place again:
  • Other than to go to work, I haven't worn clothes for days.  I've missed walking around in just undies!  It really saves on the electric bill too-I rarely have to turn the air on. 
  • Cooking for one person sucks.  I can't do it.  I've been eating lots of frozen food.
  • It doesn't help that my kitchen is still not fully unpacked.  I would be a lot more willing to cook if I knew where things were.
  • I had house guests last week.  This is one of the main reasons I wanted a two bedroom place.  It was so much fun having people over to stay.  Of course it meant I had to put all the unpacked boxes in my bedroom while they were here, but no worries, they're all moved back into the spare bedroom now.  I'm working on them a little bit at a time.
  • I have no decorations up yet-no pictures on the walls, no knick knacks on the bookcases, etc.  All in good time.  I need someone to help put pictures up-any volunteers?
  • I love the location.  Everything is convenient and nearby, including work.  My commute is now 10-15 minutes.  
  • This place has tons of closet space!  What's sad is that I'll probably be able to fill it up.  I really, really need to get rid of stuff! 

No comments: