Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two for two!

I went to another meeting tonight. Have I mentioned how much I love the meetings, the people, etc.? At this meeting there were a bunch of younger girls (as in under 18) who sat across the circle from me and it was odd to watch them because they were fidgeting and chit-chatting and basically doing everything I did when I was first going to meetings. Funny how I now find it irritating! Also funny how they reminded me of my little Primary children! Drug addicts, CTR 7's, it's all the same! Tonight's topic was honesty, which I found kind of ironic because after last night's meeting I looked through my journal from the time when I was in rehab and, despite the fact that it's something no one but myself will ever see, it was totally full of lies. I don't know if I believed what I was saying at the time, or if I was just trying to convince myself, but there were definitely some things in there that were completely false. I guess I should just be grateful that I (somewhat) know better now. Not that I'm completely honest now, but I'm pretty sure I'm a bit better. Or at least I don't lie directly to your face, I just don't say anything! Haha, kinda just kidding! Oh well, it's progress, not perfection and really, some things just don't need to be said. Maybe in another four and a half years I'll actually be fully honest. One can only dream, right!

1 comment:

Melissa Brown said...

you rock, kimberly. Thanks for sharing. Seriously.