Saturday, March 13, 2010

Georgia Day 2

Yesterday we all went to get our nails did and . . . AND . . . I got my very first pedicure! I know, you would think that with my obsession with all things beauty related, this would have happened a long time ago. I now plan on making this a regular occurrence. Well, as regular as my budget will allow.

Later we did the wedding rehearsal and I'm happy to report that my whole lighting the memory candle thing is not quite as scary as I had thought, and fortunately, there will be someone there to supervise all flame-related activities, so if I do manage to burn down the church, it won't be solely my fault. After the rehearsal, we went to the rehearsal dinner out at Jon's (Erin's fiance) property. They had it catered by The Varsity and it was delicious. I've gone off of my vegan healthy lifestyle for the weekend because really, I don't think it's possible to be vegan in the south. Or at least it isn't if you're just visiting and aren't cooking for yourself. Anyway, at the rehearsal dinner I had chili dogs and onion rings. Best chili dogs and onion rings ever. During the dinner I hung out with my cousin, Jenny, who I don't think I had ever really talked to much before. Erin and Lindsay are more my age, so I've always hung out with them. It was nice to visit with Jenny and get to know her a little bit better.

After the dinner I went with Erin, Lindsay and several of her friends to a hotel bar for drinks, then we went back to the hotel room and hung out for a little while. It's been nice getting to know some of Erin's friends. I always see their names on email forwards and their pictures on Facebook, so I was excited to get to actually meet them.

Being here has actually made me think about moving down here. I have this itch to do something and move somewhere when I'm done with school in August. I think the only thing stopping me would be having to find new products for the whole hair/humidity issue. Well, that and finding a job and a place to live, I guess. We'll see what happens. I do really like it down here. Maybe I'll do it for like a year and just see how things go.

No comments: