Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sick . . . sick . . .

This happens every time a stressful event in my life ends-I immediately get sick. After finding out yesterday that BYU miraculously is allowing me to rejoin the student body, I awoke this morning feeling horrendous. Did you like that I used a big word there? See now that I am a university student again, I am going to immediately cease the use of my previous unlearned and unrefined vocabulary. Just kidding-I felt like crap. My neck is stiff and hurts really bad, my throat hurts, but not in a raw kind of a way, it hurts like my tonsils are swelling up and about to explode, the sinuses inside my cheeks (the maxillary sinuses-I know because I had to look it up to make sure there were really sinuses there. I didn't want to say they hurt and then find out there weren't any there and have BYU find out and decide they don't want me after all.) feel like they're full of goo and are putting pressure on my face, my nose is stuffed up, my entire body pretty much just hurts, and I have the chills. Plus, if that weren't enough, in the middle of the night my neck decided to teach me a little lesson about vanity and it sprouted a ginormous, painful pimple. But you know what-I got back into school, I get to quit my job next month which means I won't have to get up at 5 am and commute for 45 minutes, and I'm still completely impressed by my cooking skills from the other day, so life is pretty darn good after all. And thanks to the makers of Nyquil (well, actually Kroger 'cause I'm cheap like that), it's about to get a whole lot better!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

sometimes you are too freakin hilarious. you probably have a sinus infection. i had one of those once and it sounds the same as what you are describing. i went to the doctor and they gave me a shot of penicillin. the bad sinus stuff went away, but was soon replaced by really bad hives/rashes. turns out i am allergic to penicillin - lesson learned.

Traci said...

I'm sorry you are so sick! Get better soon!!!