Friday, January 25, 2008

My favorite pancakes

This is my new favorite breakfast food. Considering the healthiness factor, I think you will be amazed at how much better than plain pancakes they are. It's also a great food storage recipe.

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

1 c. wheat
1 c. milk
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oil

Toss it all together in the blender and blend for five minutes.

Those are the official directions. When I make them, though, I never have buttermilk, so I use regular milk with a little lemon juice. I also add a banana (I'm told applesauce is good too), and take out half the oil and use flaxseed meal. Also, I normally am all about scraping the last of things from the bowl, but in this case, don't use the last little bit at the bottom of the blender. I did this last week and the last pancake was basically chunks of wheat held together with a little bit of pancake. Not so tasty.

No comments: