Friday, January 4, 2008

There . . . are you happy now?

So apparently the one person who actually reads my blog would like me to actually update it. Wendy, your wish is my command. One of my New Year's Goals (I don't like the word resolutions, it sounds serious, like you actually have to do it), is to read more. I have a habit of buying lots and lots of books, but then never actually reading them. Since the last few weeks have blurred together and I don't know what I read in 2007 versus 2008, here's a list of books I've read recently:

"Digging to America" by Anne Tyler
Babies being adopted from Korea by American and Iranian families.

"Dead Sleep" by Greg Iles
A basic suspense novel. I've read several of his books, and they've all been very entertaining. They would make great beach or airplane books.

"The Dark Queen" by Susan Carroll
To quote the back of the book, it is "A fabulous, feminist fantasy." It was pretty good.

"Hard Row" by Margaret Maron
She's one of my favorite authors. She has two series, and then a few not related books. This one is from the Judge Knott series-mysteries set in North Carolina. These books always make me want to eat Southern food. Mmmmmm.

"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
Everyone has probably already read this, but I'm a little behind. If you haven't read it though, you really must. It was very inspiring, but mostly in that it made me want some gelato and pasta.

"T is for Trespass" by Sue Grafton
Another one of my favorite authors. Not exactly great literature, but to be honest, most of the time I would rather just be entertained. This one wasn't quite as good as some of her others.

No comments: