Thursday, June 19, 2008

natural stuff

I absolutely love natural, organic, homeopathic, etc., stuff; meaning that I like to read about it and buy the stuff, but not necessarily partake of it (I had Krispy Kremes and Diet Coke for breakfast this morning). For the last year or so I've been reading the book "The Path of Practice: A Woman's Guide to Ayurvedic Healing" by Bri. Maya Tiwari. I've been reading it for the last year because it's my bathroom book (everyone poops, you might as well read while you're doing it). Today I came across the following paragraph and I loved it for so many reasons. Perhaps you have to have my sense of humor, but I think (hope) you'll enjoy it as well.

"Fred, a yoga teacher and longtime student of mine who healed himself into remission from the HIV virus by bringing these practices of breath, sound, and food into his life, has attracted a thriving community around him as a result of teaching sadhanas to his students. They enjoy trekking with Fred into the nearby mountains to find grinding blocks and hand stones straight from the earth."

No comments: