Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mamma Mia Part Deux

When I blogged about this movie before, I forgot to mention that while it's totally fun and hilarious and you should totally see it, Pierce Brosnan sucks in it. He can't sing at all, so I'm not entirely sure why he's in the movie. I was a little scared for Colin Firth to sing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't wonderful, but it was acceptable. I've read/watched a lot of reviews of the movie and it seems like all the critics hate it, but I still say you should go see it. Don't go expecting to see something that will completely change your life and win a zillion Oscars. Just go expecting to have fun, laugh and enjoy some ABBA. Also, if you have seen the musical and know the storyline, don't worry, Colin Firth doesn't do any smooching. I was a little concerned that might happen at the end, but fortunately it didn't as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to rid my brain of the image.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I went to go see Mamma Mia over the weekend and I thought that Pierce did okay. I had never heard of the play or the plot until the movie...it was so GOOD!! Some of the parts were a little corny...but we loved it!!