Sunday, July 6, 2008

I know, I know

I haven't updated for a while. Sorry about that, but shiz happens. Here's a run down of what's been going on:
  • I wasn't hugely impressed with SYTYCD this last week. I didn't have a favorite dance, which is why you have no video clip to click on only to discover that Dick Clark's peeps removed it.
  • I think I have a job for fall semester. A woman in my ward is a grad student in the psychology department, and she asked me if I would be interested in the position, but I don't think it's official and I don't want to jinx anything. I would be a research assistant in a brain imaging and behavior lab on campus. We'll be working in conjunction with a local rehab center. I don't know much about it except that it involves some kind of special visual goggles and EEG's to look at how addiction and drugs affect the brain.
  • I've been trying to get in shape for my Peru trip next month and miracle of miracles, I'm actually liking it. And of course being the person that I am, I can't do just a little bit at a time; I'm finding myself becoming obsessed with it. I worked out for an hour and a half after church today and then a little while ago I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I did another hour on the treadmill. This is very, very odd for me. This has been going on since last Sunday. We'll see if it lasts. I tend to go in spurts and get really obsessed with something and then I'm over it.
  • I rewatched Across the Universe this afternoon and again, I have to say, I love this movie. I know I already blogged about it once, but seriously, if you haven't seen it, you have to go check it out. Be forewarned though, you must have an open mind to watch this one as it does get a wee bit psychedelic and trippy.
I guess that's it for now. We're starting a group project in my religion class tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some more pearls of wisdom to share with you. Keep your fingers crossed that I end up with a group full of giggly freshmen girls who are just at BYU to get married. It'll seriously make my day if I can burst their pink, fluffy bubbles and welcome them into the real world. It'll be like raining on their parade, but with acid rain. (Picture Dwight from The Office saying that and it makes it really funny.)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow...Kim...I don't think I have ever heard of fluffy bubbles...and acid rain!! LOL...