Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Facebook dilemmas

Lately, as I've been avoiding studying for finals, I've been checking out the friends of all my friends on Facebook. Here's my problem-I'm finding tons of people, especially from high school, that I want to ask to be my friend, but I always worry that they won't remember who I am. You see, I have a really good memory for names and faces* (this also applies to celebrities-ask anyone who watches t.v. or movies with me-it can get obnoxious), but I know not everyone else does. Plus, I'm pretty good at blending into a crowd. I tend not to be noticed (which is a bonus because I'm privy to all sorts of info I probably shouldn't be), so this adds to my paranoia that no one knows who I am. So do I ask these people to be my friend and take the chance that they won't know who I am? Am I a complete loser for even worrying about this?



*I have been stumped once in my entire life and it still haunts me. A few weeks ago at church a lady came up and talked to me like she knew my whole family, but I could not for the life of me figure out who she was. She isn't in my ward, but I think maybe she used to be in it. I don't know. Anyway, weeks later it still bugs me that I can't figure out who she was.

No comments: