Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I don't know the definition of the word

On one of the random blogs I subscribe to there was a list of "10 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single." The woman who writes the blog quoted it from someone else's blog. Anyway, the second thing on her list was "If you can't joyfully submit to your parents, you won't joyfully submit to your husband." I would list all the issues I have with this comment, but it would be waaaay too long. Oh what the heck, I'll list a couple anyway.

1. I don't really plan on "submitting" to my husband. Marriage should be a partnership, not one person dominating and the other submitting. But if there is going to be submitting, let's be honest, it's not going to be done by me. :)
2. If any man thinks I'm going to submit to him, let alone joyfully submit to him, oh honey, he's got another thing coming.

I could go on for a while, but I'll just leave it at that.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

exactly. my husband wears the pants but i bought them and told him to wear them.

oh wait, does that sound like i am dominating him.....

Marianne said...

Yeah, that's a little scary. It should definitely be a partnership! That totally scares me that that's out there and supposed to be on some kind of advice blog! YIKES!