Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally!

Here are some pictures from my freezer/dehydrator cooking session. I never did take a picture of everything all together. It was far too much effort to get it all back out of the freezer. Keep in mind I don't have a great camera, so the pictures aren't that great.

Roasted garlic. This stuff is amazing. I'm addicted and will have to have it in the fridge at all times from now on.


The boiled hamburger. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. And look at that great broth!


Just one of the many quiches I made. This one was spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic and cheese. Is the plural of quiche quiches or quiche?


The finished product.


Homemade sun-dried tomatoes. I realize they were done in a food dehydrator and not under the sun, but it sounds stupid to call them dehydrator-dried tomatoes.


Dehydrated strawberries. These are really tasty.


Getting the sweet potatoes ready to dry. I sprayed them with olive oil and then sprinkled them with salt and pepper.


The finished product. Much healthier than regular chips.


And just for fun, a picture of a bird that landed on our deck and wouldn't fly away. I think it was sick. Don't worry, I didn't cook it.

No comments: