Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My favorite cake

I made this on Sunday for Mark's 18th birthday, and then ate probably half of it. It's the best. I have to have nicknames for everything, and because I have issues with swearing in my head, I like to call it Texas Sh*t Cake. Not out loud though because my mom would be horrified. Out loud you may also refer to it as Texas Shiz Cake.

Texas Sheet Cake

1 c. water
2 sticks margarine or butter
4 T. cocoa
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. sour cream
2 eggs

Melt the butter/margarine in a pan, then add the water and cocoa. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Combine with the butter/cocoa mix. In another bowl, mix together the sour cream and eggs and add to the rest of it. (FYI-I melt the butter, then add the water and cocoa, then just dump all the rest together. I don't have time to mix all the other stuff together on its own. Actually, I do, I'm just too lazy) Pour into a greased jellyroll pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. You don't need to let this cool first before frosting, because it's extra delicious when it's warm and melty.

Frosting

1 stick butter or margarine
4 T. cocoa
6 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 bag powdered sugar
Nuts (if you feel you must ruin it)

Melt the butter and add the cocoa, milk and vanilla. Beat in the powdered sugar until it's the right consistency. What is the right consistency, you ask? The consistency of homemade frosting.

No comments: