Monday, January 12, 2009

Best Show Ever

I just finished watching tonight's Gossip Girl for the second time. (I watched it when it was on, and then Lorri made me watch it again with her when she got home from work.) Have I mentioned that I enjoy this show? Have I mentioned that I enjoy Chuck Bass? Here are a couple things I haven't mentioned:
  • I don't like Jack Bass. He needs to go. Chuck is the perfect blend of twisted, nasty, bad boy goodness, but Jack is just twisted and nasty and I would prefer that he leave now.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Serena and Dan sharing a half-sibling thing. I could possibly overlook it if their parents weren't also hooking up, but toss that fact in, and the line has officially been crossed. Perfect opportunity to stop the endless, vicious cycle of Serena and Dan. I'm sick of them. I liked them in Season 1, but they really need to move on. Not that Aaron Rose aka Rat Boy was any better, but at least he was a step in the right direction.
  • Speaking of Aaron, just because he was gross and needed to leave the show doesn't mean his dad did too. I miss Cyrus. Plus, you can't have Wallace Shawn on your show and not have him at some point say "Inconceivable!" I think that would have been the perfect reaction to the news of Lily and Rufus's love child.
  • Why was Nate only in this episode for a total of like 73 seconds? Are they trying to slowly eliminate him from the show? This is unacceptable. (Or is it inconceivable?) Bring back the man bangs!
  • I love that they brought back the little 12 year-old mean girls. I think they need to be featured in every episode from now on. They totally steal the show.
I could go on, but I'll stop now as I'm guessing that most of you probably don't watch the show. I think you should though, because really, how many people out there can make ensembles such as the following look cool?



Ahhhh, only Chuck Bass, my friends, only Chuck Bass.

No comments: