Sunday, January 25, 2009

Boring Sunday Summary

Not much to report today. It was our turn for the Sharing Time presentation thinger, so we didn't have a full class time today. This, of course, was a blessing. We had just enough time in class to explain to the kids that next week we're going to be laying down the law and we won't be putting up with their shenanigans anymore. We (my co-teacher and I) have decided that we're going to do a monthly sticker chart for each child to earn something cool that has yet to be decided upon. We are also giving them a certain number of chances each day to behave and if they don't, we are going to take them to their parents and request that they be beaten. Or possibly just request that the child sit with the parent for the rest of church. We also had the kids come up with their own set of rules so they know exactly what is expected of them. Hopefully this will help to improve both their behavior and my sanity. I'm also trying to have a better attitude about the whole thing. So far it hasn't really worked, but I'm still trying.

Another great thing that happened today (besides the shortened class time) was that one of the women I visit teach sent her husband over with their snowblower to clear the sidewalks and driveway for me! Since I'm all about being honest, I'll admit that every time I've had to shovel in the past month I have said about a bajillion bad words in my head. Shoveling does not bring out the best in me, so having someone else do it significantly improved my day.

Unrelated to Sunday, but also important . . . if you live in Utah, KBYU is airing a three-part documentary on addiction that my boss participated in. It's on at 8 p.m. starting this Monday and going through Wednesday. I believe it's specifically about addiction in Utah, so I'm assuming it will cover the LDS perspective, but I could be wrong. Either way, you should watch.

No comments: