Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Idol

Well, for better or for worse, American Idol is back. I'm not a big fan of the early days of the competition. It's too painful to watch and I feel horrible for a lot of the people. I know a lot of them just do it to get on t.v., but for the rest of them who truly think they are talented . . . why has no one in their lives bothered to explain to them that this is just not the case? Where are their family and friends?

Other thoughts:
  • Bikini chick made me vomit in my mouth a little bit. The worst part was when she was trying to molest Ryan Seacrest. Oh, and when she was jumping up and down, flinging the goods around. And when she was singing. And when she was wearing the bikini and stripper shoes. Oh, and when she was EXISTING! I was mortified. Is it possible to vote or sign a petition to have someone kicked out of your gender? She was the epitome of everything that is wrong with young women today. (So, Kim, how do you really feel?)
  • I liked geeky Joe Cocker/cocker spaniel dude. I liked his attitude.
  • Sexual chocolate? Um . . . no. Although when Simon said he must've stolen that nickname from Randy, I did near about pee my pants.
  • All of the previews leading up to the blind guy kept making me roll my eyes. It's possible that I have achieved the pinnacle of cynicalness. I know, I know, he's a wonder to behold. Whatever. He's totally going to get cut in Hollywood. If for some reason he doesn't though, he'll for sure win because how could you not vote for him? Even I would probably get over the negativity and vote for him.
M'kay, that's all.

No comments: