Monday, January 12, 2009

Primary

As more people in the ward read my blog, I have realized that I probably shouldn't talk so much about my Primary class, or at the very least I should only share the funnies and not so much the complaints. I can't do it, though. I don't want to step on anyone's toes by talking about their children or grandchildren or neighbor's children or best friend's children, but you know what, maybe if said children were better behaved, there wouldn't be any toes to step on. (Ouch, that was really mean-sorry! I meant that with all the love in the world.) I won't go into specifics, but I will say that I've been through a whole lotta crap in my life and come through it o.k., but this group of 6 year-olds just about broke me yesterday. I just kept repeating "You will not let these children see you cry." over and over in my head. I would have just walked out and quit right then and there, but I was afraid that if I left them alone in the classroom, it would turn into "The Lord of the Flies." Remember Piggy? Well, I didn't want a Piggy on my hands, so I stayed. But seriously, if next week isn't better (I talked to a member of the Presidency and told them they needed to do something), I'm never going back.

1 comment:

Traci said...

OH my GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! You're going to have to fill me in on the details. Props to you for speaking with the presidency about it - they could ptoentially give you an easier class (if there is one) or put you in nursery (hahahah) or achievement days (you and 8 -11 year old girls seems like a good match - you could teach them all your cooking skillz) or cub scouts (horrid) or release you!!!

I'll be talking to you soon - so you can give me the details. ;)