Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

1. Be more prompt about responding to and/or actually respond to emails, texts, and blog comments. I would have included phone calls on the list, but let's be honest, that'll never happen.

2. Stop turning the t.v. on just because it's there. I have my shows, I know when they're on, there's no need for the t.v. to be on other than those times. If background noise is needed, music will do.

3. Stay caught up on my reading and studying. Muahahahaha! That was a funny one! What would life be like without cramming? It's just completely beyond my comprehension.

4. Cook more often. I love cooking, but I don't do it often enough because really, it's just easier to not. I want to start experimenting with some of the recipes I keep saving, though.

5. Be more honest and up front with people. If I don't want to do something, I'm going to just say no, instead of making up a lame excuse or avoiding the person. If my feelbads get hurt, I'm going to say something right away, instead of letting it fester until I blow up months later at something completely unrelated. (Are you frightened at the thought of an even more honest me?!?)

6. Continue the trend I started last summer of doing things by myself. I really like going to the movies by myself. Going out to eat by myself kind of sucks, but other stuff, like museums and shopping is fun. I really want to go on a trip by myself. A solo road trip would be fun.

7. Stop worrying so much about what other people think. I'm pretty sure that there are far less people out there judging me than I think there are. Of course if you're judging me and think I'm cool, that's o.k., but if you're judging me and think I'm a loser . . . who do you think you are to be judging me? Maybe you oughtsta be worrying about yo-self! Mmmmhmmmmm!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are qualifying your resolutions . . . I guess that means you'll be more likely to achieve them!