Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm baaaaack!

Vegas was great, as usual. I love that when I go there I can just relax and hang out. Lorri asked me what I did over the weekend and I was like "Well, yesterday we went and got the car washed and then went to CostCo." It doesn't sound like much, but I would much rather spend time with the family going to CostCo than um . . . not going to CostCo with the fam. That was deep. Here are some highlights from the weekend:
  • Sariah was playing around with a fake lotion container and was offering everyone some lotion. Only problem is she can't quite say lotion yet. Instead it sounded alternately like "oh sh*t?" and "no sh*t?"
  • The previously mentioned car wash was all fancy. They had gelato and paninis and stuff. Much fancier than Super Sonic. They also let you ride in your car through the car wash part of it. Super Sonic doesn't do that. Ooh, and the bubbles were rainbow colored. I don't know if this was an effect of the sun or if the spray was multi-colored, but it was very impressive.
  • The nieces have officially been introduced to New Kids on the Block. Now when "Summertime" comes on in the car, they recognize it as Kimmy's song. My work there is done. For now.
  • Ashley has started calling me Kimberly instead of Kimmy. She also calls her mom Mother. I think the mother thing is hilarious, but I'm not sure how I feel about Kimberly. It means she's getting older and that's just not allowed.
  • Ashley has named her favorite stuffed animal Strawberry Donut. Apparently this has something to do with Strawberry Shortcake.
  • Melissa and I had a mini Gossip Girl marathon one evening. Now I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything, but I will say that some people (my brother) claim they don't like or watch the show, but they were mysteriously in the room the whole time we were watching it. They were also laughing at pretty much every word out of Chuck Bass's mouth. Again, I'm not going to accuse anyone (Matthew) of anything, but I really think that some people should just be honest and admit their love for Gossip Girl. I'm just sayin' . . .

3 comments:

Carters said...

I would have to totally agree with you. Kevin and Matthew should come out of the closet about Gossip Girl. Kev is always saying "This show is so nasty highschool (seriously why else would I like it)and such a waste of time" As he stands in the kitchen secretly watching and asking "Now who is she??" But he could really care less..yeah right! We all need a little nasty highschool...right?

Kim said...

Ooh ooh! Are you a Gossip Girl watcher? Why did I not know this before? Why have we not discussed? Are you a Chuck Bass fan too? And as for nasty high school . . . my life would not be complete without it. It's sad, but oh so true. I just got the first season on DVD, so if you ever feel the need to have a GG marathon, let me know. We'll watch some nastiness, drink some caffeine and eat some chocolate. It'll be a party.

Kim said...

And you can tell Kevin he's invited too.