Friday, September 26, 2008

I can't help myself

I just made a kinda rude comment on someone's profile on lds singles. It actually wasn't rude, it was funny, but it may possibly be taken as rude. This is his intro paragraph:

I want to nearly miss a flight in Reno just because it's too hard to say goodbye. I want to taste starbucks on a stroll through times square, ride a train to Queens to bid farewell, or maybe catch a nighcap in the Bronx. I want to drive all night in a rainstorm to the Windy City and make a mad dash to Aunt Lill's. I want to run down the river near the plaza in Kansas City. I want to catch a concert in Columbus. I want to cross the border and add a stamp to my collection. I want to eat turkey with the Cowboys, buy treats at Maverick when most men are buying coffee. I want to eat a fifteen dollar burrito at a white trash park near LA. Make a fire on the beach and walk down the walk of fame. I want to eat Hummus and Broccoli, fudge and carmel apples at the cider mill. I want a piece of cheesecake at the Factory. I want to be able to fall asleep at night.

Now maybe this is from a song or something and I completely missed it, but I had to comment. I ignored the wanting to catch a "nighcap" and several other things, but I HAD to comment on missing a flight in Reno. Basically the comment I left him said "I can understanding wanting to miss a flight because it's too hard to say goodbye, but Reno? Really?" Like who even wants to go to Reno, let alone miss a flight there? I'm thinking that it's comments like these that are the reason why I'm still single.

5 comments:

Traci said...

I haven't even read this post - except for the first paragraph. And I just have to tell you that I laughed out loud after reading the FIRST paragraph. I thought - Kim Kim Kim. ;)

Traci said...

Okay, now I read the whole post. I must say - I WANT TO GO TO RENO. Because Reno is the way to get to Tahoe - and Tahoe has skiing.

I take issue with this guy's intro paragraph because what the heck is his point???

Kim said...

O.k., but Reno isn't your final destination, though. If he had been like I didn't want to leave Tahoe because it's so hard to say goodbye, and we had so much fun macking in the snow, then that would be a different story. How much do you want to bet he like met up with a hooker in Reno and wanted to miss his flight because the hooker stole his wallet and it was too hard to say goodbye to all his credit cards.

Anonymous said...

You two make me laugh. And Kim, you're a brilliant writer! Makes me laugh!

Wendy said...

love it.... i stand by my earlier admonition about the men on ldsso.

starbucks..... isn't that against the W of W? check to see if he says he goes to the temple.