Friday, September 26, 2008

new intro

I changed my greeting thing on my dating profile. It used to be all like "oh, I love children, holding hands, long walks on the beach, rainbows, butterflies and kittens." O.k., maybe not really like that, but I did make myself sound more frou-frou-y than I really am. So this is what it says now. Or what it will say once the powers that be approve it:

My last intro didn’t seem to be getting me anywhere, so here’s one that’s a bit more honest.

Want to know all about me? Well, I’m 27 and I’m starting to get lonely. When I was a young (stupid) teenager, I had a list of requirements for a perfect husband but now I’ve realized in my old age (!) that the perfect man doesn’t exist. And since I’m exceedingly unperfect myself, I probably wouldn’t mesh well with the perfect man anyway. So how about this . . . you’re not perfect, I’m not perfect, so let’s be less than stellar together. We can balance each other out. Do you like to eat? Well I like to cook. Do you like to go camping and hiking? Well, I don’t, but because relationships are about give and take, I’ll do it anyway and try not to complain too much. Have you been burned in a relationship before? Yeah, me, too, but I’m willing to try again. Let’s just make sure we’re patient with each other and not let the past dictate the future.

So now I guess the question is, are you going to contact me? What’s stopping you? I won’t take it personally that you might be looking for someone skinnier, prettier, and with bigger lips and/or boobs. But until you find Angelina Jolie (and somehow lure her away from Brad Pitt), how about giving me a chance? I promise not to reject you (unless you’re really old and creepy), I don’t care if there’s plenty of you to love (but you listed yourself as above-average-don’t worry, I did it too), I don’t care if you’re going bald, or if you have kids, or if you don’t have the perfect job making tons of money. What I do care about is that you have a good heart and are willing to take a chance. Oh, and you also have to love (or at least accept) dogs, be willing to kill spiders, and not laugh at me if I cry at stupid stuff like Saturday’s Warrior.

So is it a deal? Are you just itching to push that “send a message” button? Go for it! What do you have to lose?


So there you go. If you have criticisms about what I said, feel free to not share them, as I don't want to hear them. If, however, you would like to say something nice about my greeting, feel free!

5 comments:

Traci said...

I think this is an awesome message. 5 out of 5 stars. A perfect 10 on the 10 point scale. If I were a guy - I'd be interested in the person behind that message. ;)

Good luck!

Kim said...

Holy cow, that's the fastest comment I've ever gotten! Thanks, chica! Did you notice that I put "unperfect" instead of "imperfect"? I guess it just shows how unperfect I am, huh!

paul & ashlee said...

i love, love, love it kim...i adore you!
-ash

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love it, you are the best and I love you!! So glad we got together--we still need to have lunch, just you and me. Love ya tons--good luck with the dating.
Megan

Wendy said...

ummm yeah... love it. honesty, humor... i don't know what guy (at least the honest, non liars) wouldn't want to mac-out with you.