Thursday, September 11, 2008

You're killin' me, Smalls!

Because Peru is in the Andes, it tends to be quite mountainous (duh). Therefore, there are lots and lots of steps. My aunt's knees started to hurt after a while and I revolted at this place called Ollantaytambo on our last day in Cusco. I refused to go up any more stairs, so I sat and watched "The Prince of Egypt" on my iPod and drank my Kool-aid (They have those individual packet things that you just dump into your bottle of water. It's nice to have flavor sometimes.) Here are some of the steps of Peru:

Some steps just stick out of the wall.



These steps in Cusco are called Amargura, which translates into "the bitterness." They were much longer, but I couldn't get it all in.

If you could zoom in on my face, I'm betting you might see a snarl or grimace.

Even the llamas have to go up the stairs!

No comments: