Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 19

Outside my window . . . it's a whole lot cooler than it is inside. The air really needs to be kicking on pretty quick here. (Speaking of which, Melissa, if you read this, you should be aware that when you called and asked me what the weather was like up here and I told you it's cold, I had been watching a t.v. show online in which it was like the worst winter ever and all of the nuclear bombs had knocked out the electricity and people were freezing to death, and so that's what I was thinking about when in reality, it was probably like 90 degrees that day. Sorry about that. I was really, really into my show!)

I am thinking . . . that I shouldn't be happy about my niece falling and bonking her head. It's just that it made her all snuggly and lovey for like an hour, so . . . yeah. She fell over and I reaped the benefits.

I am thankful for . . . adorable nieces.

From the kitchen . . . the girls and I made chocolate chip cookies tonight.

I am wearing . . . jeans and a t-shirt, but I'm about to put on some nightie night clothes.

I am going . . . to go to bed soon. I'm tired.

I am reading . . . I'm rereading "Rituals of the Season" by Margaret Maron, who is one of my favorite authors. I love her Deborah Knott series, especially since it takes place in North Carolina, which I adore.

I am hoping . . . that the house cools off. I feel like I'm having hot flashes or something.

I am hearing . . . I'm listening to the "Rent" soundtrack again. I can't get enough of it.

Around the house . . . we finally finished putting together the trundle bed, which the girls refer to as the magic bed.

One of my favorite things . . . my bed. There's nothing better than getting into bed at night and laying there for a second, just absorbing the comfyness.

A picture . . . I know I've put this picture on here before, but I love it. It makes me laugh every time I see it. The look on my face perfectly summarizes my feelings about not only day camp, but also about camping and being in the dirt in general. Anyone who went to Girl's Camp with me can attest to this.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

If you were in my ward I would call you to be one of my camp assistants. It is different going as an adult.

Not the dirt and stuff, just other things...