Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26

Outside my window . . . it's a little cooler in the evenings now. I think we're supposed to get a storm next week, so I'm looking forward to some nice cold weather.

I am thinking . . . Sissy Spacek freaks me out. I just watched the end of Carrie and I swear her big eyed, jerky stare thing at the end is far more scary than any special effects could be.

I am thankful for . . . naps and how they can magically cure a bad mood.

From the kitchen . . . I made cake mix cookies this afternoon. They are soooo much easier and faster than real cookies.

I am wearing . . . shorts and a t-shirt.

I am going . . . to finish a book if it kills me.

I am reading . . . I've given up on "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" again. Yes, again. I'll probably pick it up again too, but it's just not holding my interest like I want it to. Now I'm reading "Crossing to Avalon" by Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. I got it used on Amazon for a penny. Of course then you have to pay to ship it, but whatever.

I am hoping . . . that I can sleep in tomorrow morning. The dogs have learned that if my parents don't get up and go to work, then they're probably going to get a walk, so all I heard this morning was the click, click, click of toenails, racing up and down the hallway. Beyond irritating.

I am hearing . . . "Lay Back Down" by Eric Lindell.

Around the house . . . I was forced to participate in cleaning out the garage. Every couple of months my dad freaks out about all the crap in the garage and makes us clean it out so that theoretically, if he wanted to, he could park his car in there. Not that he ever does, but just in case he wants to, that space is now available.

One of my favorite things . . . turnips. This is a new favorite thing. I had never eaten a turnip until this week and now I love them.

A picture . . . Those cute penguins I made last year. I am still quite proud of myself.

6 comments:

Abby said...

your new list format of some of your posts is fun! you have such a fun sense of humor :)

Traci said...

2 comments:

1) I LOVE cake mix cookies. I only recently discovered them. I've only had "Funfetti" cookies - but those are SOOOOO SOOOO SOOOO yummy and addicting. if you haven't tried the funfetti cake mix cookies - you should. it's a winner.

2) that picture of those olives looks professional. seriously so cute. and of course you were super crafty/creative in making those little things.

love it.

Kim said...

Thanks, girls!!!

Abby-I still want to hear about your Little House adventure. Also, I really like your new playlist. You have great taste in music!

Traci-I just did a yellow cake mix and added chocolate chips. I've also done lemon and spice. I think for the one with the spice cake mix I rolled them in sugar. I wasn't hugely impressed with either of those. Maybe it was the recipe I used. I did a different one this time and it was waaaay better. (1 egg, 1/4 c. oil, 1/4 c. water)

Traci said...

oh here's my recipe for them, i've only done funfetti ones:

2 eggs
1/3 c oil
and the mix.

375 for 10ish minutes.

loverly.

Andrea said...

what did you make the penguins for? and how did you make them?

Kim said...

I think it was Thanksgiving last year. My nieces were up here so I thought the penguins would be cute. You just slice up a carrot, then cut a little notch out of each slice. Put the little notch you cut out into a medium olive for the beak. Cut a slice out of a jumbo olive and fill it with cream cheese, then put it all together on a tooth pick. It's pretty easy and it looks way impressive.